As Quintana Roo moves to an Orange Covid-19 status, what Does “Orange” Mean to Me? At Las Casitas, our goal is to keep you as accurately informed as possible.
As many already know, the Governor of Quintana Roo took the State back to an Orange Epidemiological Light late May. But he altered what happens under that light from the last time. It is essentially what the old Yellow was.
Here’s a chart that shows what is expected:
Bars, Clubs, Discos Closed
- All Bars, clubs and discos will be closed. These areas are considered highest risk of infection. Bars, however, are considered restaurants if they serve food. While most places are operating normally (with some protections and capacity limits), they will require you to purchase food with your drinks in order to comply with the law.
Essential Activities Operate Normally
- Essential activities will continue to operate normally include public security and law enforcement, legislative activities, hospitals, medical services, and food trade including food markets, supermarkets, convenience stores and tortillerías, as well as banks and financial institutions, fishing and agriculture, construction, storage, laundries, mining and water purifiers. Note: You should not see changes with grocery stores.
Hotels, Restaurants have Capacity Limits
- Hotels, restaurants, historical sites, theme parks, golf courses and tourist services, as well as outdoor gyms and sports clubs, consulting and advising of accounting, administrative, professional and technical services will be allowed to operate at a 50% capacity. Note: Making reservations in restaurants would be a good idea!
Beaches, Parks have Capacity Limits
- All beaches and public parks, cinemas and theaters, shopping centers, department stores, casinos, hairdressers, churches, real estate and spaces for the manufacture and sale of appliances and computers may operate at a 30% capacity. Note: While this is easy to calculate for places like theaters and casinos, no one know how such a calculation would apply to beaches. Our best guess is that they will look for large crowds gathered together and ask them to split apart. But, the beach is still open which is a good thing!
- Schools, congress, and convention centers will remain closed.
Other Possible Measures
This Municipality of Puerto Morelos may enact other measures that meet or exceed the State orders, but nothing has been provided as of this writing.
All of your Favorite Things Continue
So, as Quintana Roo remains at an Orange Covid-19 status, all of your favorite activities are still available to enjoy, just with reduced capacity. Please wear masks and maintain social distancing.
Mask up, social distance, and stay safe everyone!!!!
New Testing Requirements
There are new testing requirements going into effect for international travel. Click here for information on testing!